甘肃快3精准计划网Applications for graduate programs of study are considered on a competitive basis as related to all the elements of the application package. Applicants who submit complete applications and the required supporting materials by the posted deadlines will be considered for the priority deadlines. Regular admission review will begin after the priority deadline and will continue on a rolling basis until programs are full.
Steps for Admissions
- Submit a completed graduate admissions application and pay any required application fees. The application fee will be waived for Athens State alumni or students who will be graduating from Athens State University at the end of the semester during which the application is submitted.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended (excluding Athens State)
at the undergraduate or graduate level, with transcripts from at least one regionally accredited college or university documenting conferral of a bachelor’s degree, or transcripts from at least one regionally accredited college or university documenting in progress courses AND an official letter from that college or university confirming bachelor’s degree conferral when the in-progress courses are completed.
- Official transcripts must indicate that the student is in good standing at all institutions attended and document the minimum overall grade-point average as required by the program.
- Submit official test scores as required by the particular program (e.g., GMAT, GRE) and any additional documents as required by the program (see below).
- Submit all additional documents required by the program selected on the graduate application. If the program requires additional documents or allows prospective students to apply by submitting portfolios in lieu of test scores, all required supporting documents must be submitted as part of a complete application.
- Meet all published deadlines for submission of application materials.
Submission of an application and all required documents does not guarantee admission to the program until all requirements for admission to the program are reviewed and verified by the department offering the program.
Students admitted into any graduate program offered by the University will be allowed to register for graduate courses in a given term subject to space availability and/or cohort restrictions.
Degree Seeking – Unconditional (Standard) Admission
甘肃快3精准计划网Students seeking unconditional (standard) admission to the graduate program must:
- Meet the minimum overall grade-point average required department offering the program, AND,
- Have an earned bachelor’s degree in a field approved by the department offering the program AND;
- Have earned the minimum total score on the appropriate admissions exam (i.e., GMAT or GRE) as required by the department offering the program within the last five (5) years; OR
- Submit a professional portfolio in lieu of exam scores if allowed by the department offering the program (student seeking admission using portfolio may be admitted unconditionally only after departmental review and approval); AND
- Meet all other program specific requirements.
Degree Seeking – Conditional Admission
Following departmental review of composite factors (bachelor’s degree, GPA, GMAT score, etc.), students who demonstrate reasonable potential for success in the program and who have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 may be admitted conditionally. Students who have earned a bachelor’s degree in a non-related field but who otherwise satisfy all requirements for standard admission will also be admitted conditionally. Conditional status will be removed upon successful completion of all required undergraduate prerequisite courses as determined by departmental review. Students who lack undergraduate prerequisite courses will not be allowed to register for graduate courses until all prerequisite courses are completed.
Degree Seeking – International Students
甘肃快3精准计划网In addition to meeting the requirements listed above for Unconditional or Conditional Admission, all international students will be required to meet all F-1 VISA requirements for admission into any Graduate Program.
Non-Degree Seeking Students
A student who does not meet the requirements for a degree-seeking graduate student may be admitted as a non-degree seeking graduate student. Records are kept of the work completed and credits are transferable. Non-degree seeking graduate students are ineligible for federal aid funding under Title IV.
Students seeking admission as non-degree seeking students must:
- Submit a completed graduate non-degree seeking admissions application and pay any required application fees.
- Submit official transcripts from the last institution attended, and from at least one regionally accredited college or university documenting conferral of a bachelor’s or higher degree.
- Official transcripts must indicate that the student is in good standing at the last institution attended.
Students admitted as non-degree seeking students will only be allowed to register for graduate courses in a given term subject to space availability and/or cohort restrictions. Non-degree seeking students may complete no more than one-half of the total program hours; in order to register for additional courses, students must submit a degree-seeking application and all required materials, and be approved for degree-seeking status. Non –degree seeking students will not be awarded a graduate degree from Athens State University.